Wednesday, 25 September 2013

HELLO MONROE: An Interview with Aimee


A while ago when I was on YouTube I found a band called Hello Monroe and I fell in love. They have their own unique sound and amazing chemistry, which makes them stand out as a group and is something that I really love about them.
The band consists of Aimee, Rona, Connor, Alex and Max.


My favourite song of theirs is called 'Find Me' and I really hope that I get to hear it performed live one day! I'm lucky enough to have had tweets from the members of the band and to have won my own 'Monroes Before Bros' t-shirt! (Which I love wearing!!)

Now I'm even lucky enough to get to do an online interview with band member Aimee who has answered your questions!





-When was Hello Monroe formed?
"Hello Monroe was formed in 2010 when myself and Rona were discovered on YouTube from doing a cover of "telephone" by lady gaga and the boys went to school together and we all came together to join forces!!!"


-How did you decide on the name Hello Monroe?
"I was sitting in Uni before I met anyone or even thought about a band and the name just came to me and I thought that would be a cool name for a band if I ever had one and I told everyone and they loved it!!!"


-What song do you enjoy performing the most?
"It has to be Another Love Song our single!!! I can't wait for everyone to hear it!!!"


-How excited are you for the release of your first music video?
"We have been waiting so long to do a video and finally it's all happening!!! I'm so excited to release it!!!"


-Would you rather be Max or Connor for a day?
"I think they both have their strong points!
If I was max for a day I would know how it feels to have so many twitter
followers and fans.
And if I was Connor for a day I would sit around and take selfies and admire how
fantastic I look"

-What's your favourite thing about being in Hello Monroe?
"It sounds so cliché but what I love is the fact that I am putting myself out there to do what I love, I love performing and writing songs and I get to do all that with my best friends.
We are a #HelloMonroeFamily and it's so great to have that bond, connection and
support system.
We love each other to death and getting to be in this band together makes me
happy every day"


-What artists do you like to listen too?
"I love female singers so Demi Lovato, Etta James, Amy Winehouse. But I also LOVE Arthur Walwin, The 1975 and Pierce The Veil"


-What advice do you have for any aspiring musicians?
"Believe in yourself because no one else is gonna do that for you.
If you want something be proactive about it straight away, don't wait for things to happen, it's up to YOU to make it happen"


-What other hobbies do you have?
"I spend a lot of time with animals.
I walk and play with my dogs all the time!"


-Do you like watching youtubers? If you do, what youtubers do you like?
"I LOVE Melon Lady's videos she is so cute and so funny and it's just effortless to her! She seems quite humble and down to earth too!"


-Do you have any funny stories about Hello Monroe?
"Oh we have too many!
I remember we were all living in a house in Wales and we were all play fighting and Max picked me up and literally gave me a stone cold stunner onto a bed and I cracked my elbow SO HARD on the edge I thought it was broken and Max was in tears!
Another time would be when Rona forgot ALL of our HM posters for our first ever show in Glasgow.
And any time when Connor and Alex fall is always funny!"


-Will there be any more Hello Monroe meet ups in the UK?
"Yes there definitely will! I think the next one for now will be in Liverpool!"


-What TV shows do you like to watch?
"Breaking Bad, The IT Crowd and Orange Is The New Black!"


-If you could marry any celebrity who would it be & why?
"I'm gonna be a total girl and say Ryan Gosling, he's just so handsome and he has a great sense of humour in interviews. SWOOOOON!"


-You're a very fashionable person, where do you like to shop? And who are your favourite designers?
"I like Zara, Nikki Lipstick, Forever 21
Favourite designers would be Jeffrey Campbell, I like small independent ones like Aurora Trance, Deadweight and Sex, drugs and violence apparel"


-Can you play any instruments?
"I can play piano! I've always wanted to learn how to play Sax though"


-Who are your favourite upcoming musicians?
"Arthur Walwin, Stake Out and Tall Dark Friend and I suggest everyone checks them out!!!"
 

Hello Monroe are an amazing band and deserve a lot more recognition and I feel very lucky to say that I've been a fan from the beginning. I can't wait to see where they go from here and I know that they are gonna do really well in the music industry!

You can follow the band on twitter:
@HeyAimeeMonroe
@RonaMonroe
@HeyMaxMonroe
@HeyConnorMonroe
@HeyAlexMonroe

And you can subscribe to them on YouTube:

 
 
Carolyn
x
SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig