Thursday, 28 November 2013

Thanksgiving

Photo Credit (x)

Today is Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year (yes I got that definition from Wikipedia!)

Being from the UK I've never really celebrated Thanksgiving but in the book 'Lock And Key' by Sarah Dessen there is a part about about 'Thankful Lists' and I thought it would be nice if I made one.
 
 
So here it is, my (quite detailed, yet short-ish) thankful list:

1. I'm thankful for my family.  Although there are times where I could scream I'm so annoyed or upset with them, I now know that they just want to look after me.  I understand that we have different views as to what's best for me but I think I need to take them into account more often and be appreciative of the whacky family that I belong too.
I am also thankful to my family for being forgiving towards me, it is something I greatly appreciate even if I'm not very good at showing it.
 

2. I'm thankful for my friends.  Although I'm close with only a small number of my friends, I love all my friends very much.  I'm the sort of person who can get on someone's nerves easily and I know I'm not an easy person to be friends with so I take all the friends I have for granted.
I've learnt from experience that not every person that you count as a friends sticks around, so I'm very grateful for my friends that have stuck with me because it means more to me than I let on.
 

3. I'm thankful for music. Music is and always will be a huge part of my life.  Whenever I get the chance, I'll have my headphones in.  I love nothing more than listening to my favourite artists and finding out about them and their musical inspirations. 
For me, music is a painkiller, when I'm feeling upset I can always find a song that I can relate too and that relates to the situation that I'm in. A nd at the same time, it's the first thing I go to when I'm happy cause there's nothing more fun than dancing around your room to your favourite band.
 

4. I'm thankful for the people that make the music I love.  If it wasn't for the artists then I wouldn't have the music that I love so much.  I'll always be thankful towards my favourite musicians for giving me the words I need when I'm struggling with what to say. And also for the awesome beats, bass lines and guitar solos (yes, I'm referring to Jeff Stinco with the guitar solos).
 

5. I'm thankful for my education.  There's not a day that goes by when I don't complain about school, and I'm sure most teenagers are the same.  I'm either moaning about going to school, the day I've had at school or the mountains of homework that I'd happily bury on a desert island. 
But at the same time I'm glad that I've been given the chance to go to school as there are so many people that don't get that opportunity.  And also it's how I learned to read and write, which are big parts of my life! So even if I hate it now I hope I can make the most of my education later on in my life, just so I can say it was worthwhile.
 

I could have gone down the route off talking about the song 'Thank You' by Simple Plan (an amazing song by the way!) which is  about your best friend backstabbing you (been there, done that, got the t-shirt! But I hope I've not been the one who's backstabbed, if I have then I'm sorry I don't like hurting people, but I definitely know what it's like to be backstabbed) but I thought it would be a lot nicer to write about this! I hope that wherever you are, you've had a good thanks giving!

 
 
Carolyn
x
SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig