Monday, 2 December 2013

It's December!

On Friday I went into Edinburgh for a trip with my Geography class to have a look at the urban development around the city (it wasn't actually as boring as it sounds!)

It was a very cold day (I got to wear my snowman mittens!) and we had to do a lot of walking, but the 3 Starbucks I had that day helped.  I got to try my first ever Secret Starbucks recipe!  I had a Hot Butterbeer Latte which basically tasted like Christmas in a cup.  I would definitely recommend taking the recipe with you the next time you're headed to Starbucks.
I was also very pleased as it's the first time that someone at Starbucks has actually got the right spelling when their writing my name on the cup. With my name there is always a 99.9% chance that I will be called Caroline and it's something that I've got used too, so I couldn't really help but celebrate when my name was actually spelt right! 
After we'd finished our walk round Edinburgh we got the opportunity to do what we wanted so me and a few friends decided to go to Pizza Hut for some food.  Although we were stuffed after the buffet we couldn't help but treat ourselves to some sharing cookie dough desserts!



After putting back on the weight we'd lost during our walk we decided to have a walk around the German Market which comes to Edinburgh every winter.  It was lovely to have a look at all the handmade gifts and smell all the interesting foods, it really got me into the Christmas spirit!


So it's officially December and I'm sort of in the Christmas spirit, I just can't believe it's that time of year already!  2013 has gone in very quickly, I just hope that I can put aside all the negativity in my life right now in order to properly enjoy Christmas!  I know it's a very stressful time for a lot of people and it's only the 2nd of December so I hope that we all get the Christmas break that we need and that's well deserved!
 
In case you're interested then here is the Hot Butterbeer Latte Recipe.
 
 

Near future posts:
- December Playlist -
 
- Christmas Playlist -
 
- My Favourite Things About Christmas -
 
 
 
 
Carolyn
x
SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig