Sunday, 29 December 2013

New Year, New Resolutions & A Hopefully New Me



So it's almost the end of 2013! This year has been a huge mixture of some amazing moments, some awful moments and some moments that I just can't get my head around quite frankly. 

Over the past few years I've made new years resolutions and have failed to keep them. Normally because I'm too lazy, they're unrealistic and I don't make them personal.

So for next year I've decided to make a much shorter list with things that mean something to ME and that I should be able to achieve if I put my mind to it.

1. Make more effort with my appearance

I've decided to do this as I'm a very self conscious person. I feel that if I start making a bit of an effort then I might start to actually feel comfortable in my own skin. I love looking at pretty clothes but I never imagine myself in them as I never think that I'll look good enough. I need stop comparing myself to others and start buying clothes that I want to wear (which will mostly consist of band merchandise probably). I absolutely love Jenna McDougall's and Zoe Sugg's styles so it will probably be a combination of the two styles.
For this I also think I need to start exercising more often as I'm pretty lazy to be perfectly honest and it's about time that I started exercise.

2. Learn a new instrument

For as long as I can remember I've wanted to be able to play the acoustic or the bass guitar and I've decided that I'm finally gonna try to learn one or the other.

3. Forget about the past & stop worrying about the future

I need to start living in the moment (I know, very cliché), I spend way too much of my time worrying about things that have happened or that are going to happen and I need to start enjoying myself and making the most of whatever situation I'm in.

4. Stop being so pessimistic

I'm the sort of person that constantly looks on the negative side of life and I feel like it's bringing me down as a person. I know that if I try to be more positive about things then it will have positive outcomes and hopefully make me a better person.
This is going to be an extremely difficult thing for me to do but hopefully I'll be able to get better at it over time.

5.  Start doing things for myself

I'm constantly letting other people and their views get in the way of the things that I want. I need to stop living my life for other people and start living it for myself because after all it is my life, so why don't I start living it for me?


I hope that 2014 is amazing for you wherever you are and that it brings you everything that you want. If 2013 hasn't been good for you then do what I'm doing, put it behind you and try not to think about it & lets focus on making 2014 better.


“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else´s life.”
-Steve Jobs-



Carolyn
x

 
SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig