Monday, 27 January 2014

My Revision Advice



So this is about the 4th time I've started this post.  I honestly don't know where I'm going with it, my writers block is just really getting on my nerves and I need to post something!

Recently all I've really been doing is homework and worrying about school because my prelims/mock exams have started now (hence the lack of posts).  So I thought I would share my awful advice for revising!


Things You Should Do:
  • Make a revision timetable
  • Give yourself time to not revise.  It's important to have breaks between study sessions and to make time for things you enjoy.  This will also help to keep you motivated if there's something to look forward too after you've revised.
  • Find a method of studying that works for you.
  • Study with someone else.  Make sure it's someone who will motivate you and not want to talk about the latest episode of Sherlock (although it would be really fun).
  • Have a snack and/or drink to keep you going while you're studying.
  • Hide it.  Whatever it is that distracts you, hide it. Whether it's your phone, ipod, laptop, xbox. Hide it.  Give it to someone else to look after while you're studying so that you have no distractions.

Things You Should Definitely avoid:

  • Tumblr. I know that Tumblr is amazing, and everything is so pretty on tumblr, and the people are nice. But you will log on and before you know it you've been on for 5 hours instead of 5 minutes.
  • YouTube. Again, it's amazing but it will distract you.
  • Any other social media that will be a distraction for you, avoid it. I know, it's difficult but it will benefit you in the long run.
  • No matter how much you want to continue watching that TV series, avoid it at all costs.  I love a good series more than anything but I've been using that as my reward for after studying instead of a distraction during studying.
  • Revising when you are tired/upset/drained is a definite no. It will just make you more tired, you'll end up getting frustrated and you won't take in any information.

I am the biggest hypocrite ever for making this post as there are only a few of these things that I can actually say I take into consideration when I'm revising.  I hope that some of these help and if you have any more tips then please tell me, I'm in desperate need of them!


Carolyn
x
SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig