Wednesday, 14 May 2014

An Interview With British YouTuber Charlie Landells

Hi everyone!
 
This week I have an interview with Charlie Landells for you.

Charlie is a 15 year old British vlogger and filmmaker who posts weekly videos on YouTube.   Although he now lives in the UK, Charlie was actually born in Singapore and lived in Australia before moving to the UK.  Charlie has keen interests in travel, filming and, photography and now shares those passions on his YouTube channel which he started in 2013. 
 
So naturally since I'm a subscriber I wanted to share his channel with you all, and since I have a lot of love for you all, I got you an online interview with Charlie as well. 
 

http://itscharliee.weebly.com/gallery.html
 

What inspired you to start your youtube channel?
 
I'm asked this question quite a bit, and to be quite honest I don't know. I wanted something to do in my free time, but I've always enjoyed at least trying to entertain people as well. Combined with a love of photography, I guess it came to making vlogs, and at first it was just something for me and my friends, but it grew and grew and now I'm here! And I love everything about it!
 
 
How do you decide what to make a video about?
 
Usually during the week I'll think of ideas, either on a mind-map or just in my head. If not, I'll talk about something personal or find a tag to do if I'm completely out of ideas!
 
 
How much time on average do you put into filming and editing each video?
 
Filming could take anytime between 10 minutes and 60 minutes, and the editing process depends on the amount of footage, but on average, the whole thing takes between 4 and 6 hours!
 
 
What's been one of your favourite videos that you've filmed?
 
 'Over the Pond' was my project when I went on holiday. It became a focus while I was there, and I'm really pleased with the end product.
 
 
 
What youtubers do you enjoy watching?
 
Troye Sivan makes me chuckle, if he uploads that is! But other than that I watch Tyler Oakley, Joe Sugg, FunForLouis, JacksGap and even the Yogscast!
 
 
If you could make a collaboration with any youtuber(s) who would it be and why?
 
Zoe Sugg, she seems lovely, and absolutely hilarious to do a collab with!
 
 
Who is your youtube OTP (One True Pairing)?
 
ZALFIE
 
 
Have you been to any youtube events or gatherings? Which ones would you like to attend?
 
Not yet, but I hope to be at Summer in the City next year!
 
 
What advice do you have for anyone wanting to start their own YouTube channel?
 
Stick at it. When you start it does feel like you're getting nowhere, but slowly it starts to speed up and it's really worth it! Also, putting that extra time into your videos really does make a lot of difference, and will attract more viewers.
 
 
What can we be expecting from you and your channel in the near future?
 
Well I've just started a mini-gaming channel, which will take the place of 'charlie2', my secondary channel. Other than that, more out and about videos and sketches can be expected, on top of the usual vlogs! This summer is hopefully going to be a busy one in terms of filming :)
 

http://itscharliee.weebly.com/gallery.html
 
 
So there you have it, a future gaming channel and a love for Zalfie, what's not to love?
 
I'd like to say a big thank you to Charlie for doing the interview and everyone that sent in their questions for him to answer, it is greatly appreciated.
If you want to find out some more about Charlie then all his links will be below.
 
Where To Find Charlie:
 
 
Carolyn
x
 
SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig