Sunday, 13 July 2014

Through The Lens | Holiday Snapshots

Hello evryone!

Again I need to apologise for my recent lack of posts, blogger still isn't working on my computer (yet again I'm stealing my friends laptop for a while) and I've been on holiday for a week.

I spent the week in Lagos, Portugal and I've had an amazing time (even though I've had no internet for a week).  The holiday was very last minute and we didn't do a lot, we just relaxed.  Surprisingly, even though the weather was very hot and sunny, I didn't get sun burnt.  I'm just as pale as I was before I left, this is due to the fact that I stayed in the shade because being pale and a redhead means I burn very quickly.

I thought it would be nice if I shared some of my photos with you all along with a little rambling from me about the holiday.

I enjoyed just wandering around and exploring, I particularly love the buildings in Lagos as they are so different from the buildings here in the UK.





Along the sea front there were lots of small stalls that I browsed and also had a lovely walk at the marina as well.




I found a small but lovely English bookshop called The Owl Story.  It is in the old town in Lagos and I would definitely recommend visiting if you are ever in Lagos.  Even if you aren't much of a reader then still go just to meet the lovely staff there, they are some of the loveliest people I met when on holiday.

I purchased the novel 'The Time Travellers Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger and I loved it so much.  I finished it within a few days of purchasing the book and I would definitely recommend the book, although it is more suited for older readers.


While on holiday I also read 'Paper Towns' by John Green which I really enjoyed, it's the fourth book I've read by John Green and I'm glad I did.  I really love how he makes all his characters complex yet loveable and the storyline is amazing.
I also read 'Going Back' by Rachael English which was given to me by a lady who I met at the vila we were staying at.  I really enjoyed this book although I found some of it a little predictable.  I don't want to go into too much detail though as I don't want to ruin it for anyone.  I would definitely recommend this as a good holiday read.



I've been enjoying watching the football World Cup this year and the atmosphere in Lagos when there was a match was amazing.  I've personally been rooting for the Netherlands to win but I'll just have to be happy with them achieving third place.  Has anyone else been enjoying the World Cup? 
I loved watching the football at the main square in the old town in Lagos and I'm a little gutted that I won't be there for the final.




I also enjoyed a boat trip around the caves and headlands along the coastline in Lagos.  The scenery was stunning, breathtaking and simply beautiful.  I still can't get over how clear the water is there but also how cold it is!
I really enjoyed the tour and would also recommend any of the many boat tours available if you are ever in Lagos.






Here are a few more general photos from my holiday:




  
I hope you enjoyed this more laid-back post and that you are all enjoying the summer just now.

I know that I promised you all a while ago that I would start my 'Wreck This Journal' but unfortunately I've been unable to start it but I will be starting very soon and as promised I will keep you all updated with how I'm getting on with it.

I will hopefully have my new Album Dissection post completed soon and I'll share it with you as soon as I can, depending on when I can use blogger again.  Again, sorry for the unorganised schedule with my posts recently, I'll try and get this sorted as soon as I can and I'll let you all know when I do.

Carolyn
x

SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig