Tuesday, 26 August 2014

My August Playlist 2014

 

 
Hi everyone!
I can't believe that it's almost the end of August already!
Here is my playlist for this month, there are a few songs that I included in playlists quite a while ago but I've just been enjoying listening to the songs again.  There's also a few new songs thrown in there as well.


Fall Out Boy - America's Suitehearts
 
Tonight Alive - The Other Side
 
Emma Blackery - The Promise
 
All Time Low - Dear Maria, Count Me In
 
Sleeping With Sirens - Let Love Bleed Red
 
Tonight Alive - The Edge
 
You Me At Six - Bite My Tongue
 
The LaFontaines - Shark In The Water
 
Tonight Alive - Complexes
 
Marianas Trench Ft. Anami Vice - Pop 101
 
All Time Low - Too Much (Live From Straight To DVD)
 
Carrie Hope Fletcher - Guess We'll Never Know
 
Yellowcard - Only One
 
Tonight Alive - Complexes
 
 



 After having heard about them a lot and seeing them perform with All Time Low at the Alternative Press Music Awards, I finally decided to listen to Yellowcard.
So far, what I've listened to I have definitely enjoyed but I don't know if I'm going to listen to a lot of their music.
I like them but I didn't automatically think "I need to hear more of this band" as I had when I first heard bands like All Time Low, A Day To Remember and Fall Out Boy. 

 
This month I went to see Tonight Alive with my friend Lex (you can read about that here) so quite a few of their songs feature in this playlist.
It was really good seeing them live, and then listening to the songs again brought back a lot of happy memories from that day.
Relistening to the album after the concert made me realise that it might have been quite strange for Tonight Alive performing in Edinburgh.  They got to witness the positive effect their music has had for people on the other side of the world. 
If I was in that position I would have personally found it mind blowing.
I was mind blown just seeing them perform live.
 
 
I was very excited when Marianas Trench announced the release of their newest song.  It's the first track from their upcoming album.  My expectations for the album are pretty high since their most recent album 'Ever After' is pretty much spectacular.
 I quite like 'Pop 101' but it wasn't really what I expected from them.
It's different from anything else they've done and I like how it's basically just them making fun of what 'pop music' has become.
If I'm honest though I don't think it should have been their first release following 'Ever After'.
It's catchy and upbeat but I really think they should have released it later on.
I've included this song because it's catchy and it's good have for when you need something that will cheer you up but I am slightly disappointed with the song.
 
 
 
 Is it just me or do these playlists seem to be getting longer and longer?
It may be good, or it may be bad, I'm honestly not very sure but I do enjoy sharing the music that I love with you guys.


 
 Carolyn
x
 
 
SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig