Tuesday, 12 August 2014

The Liebster Awards


 

Hello everyone!

This weeks post is quite different but is one that I’m quite excited for to be honest.  

Firstly I’d like to thank the lovely Ciara from Red Clover who nominated me to take part in the Liebster Awards.

When I first saw her comment on my blog I was so confused because I had never heard of The Liebster Awards.  But then I looked into it and I’m thrilled by the fact that she nominated me.



The rules are as follows:
1.  Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back to them.
2.  Answer the questions they sent to you.
3.  Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to answer your own set of questions.
4.  Notify these 11 bloggers  that you nominated them.



Questions:


1.  One thing you've always wanted to do?
One thing I've always wanted to do is to find a really amazing group of friends and go on a road trip with them.  For me I have quite a few best friends but they live in different countries so a lot of them haven't met, and I'm not sure if they'd all get along with each other.  So one day I hope I can find that 'road trip group' and travel somewhere amazing like Canada or Australia with them.
 
Another thing that I'd love to do (although not something I've always wanted to do) is go to Warped Tour America as well as go to either Reading or Leeds festival.
 

2.  Favourite food?
Aaahh!!  I honestly can’t choose one favourite dish but I really freaking love pasta!
I also love digestive biscuits (they’re my guilty pleasure!)


3.  Beauty product you could not live without?
If I’m completely honest, I know next to nothing about beauty products.  I don’t wear much makeup and I think this is due to two things:
1. I can’t be bothered with makeup in the morning so I keep it to a bare minimum.
2. I spend my money on CD’s instead of makeup.
But if I had to choose a favourite out of the products that I use then I’d probably have to go with my Boots Natural Collection Fair Concealer, it’s helped me to cope with some terrible spot breakouts.

 
 
4.  Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I had been reading a lot of blogs and writing has always been a passion of mine.  I originally wanted to start a YouTube channel but I felt that blogging suited me more and that I can express myself better through writing.


5.  Favourite hair product?
It has to be my Babyliss Elegance Pro 235 Straighteners.
I received these as a Christmas present last year and I am so glad that I did, because I love them so much.  As someone stuck with naturally curly/frizzy hair  I was so happy to finally have my own set of straighteners. 
 I’ve used them quite often and this has actually resulted in my hair becoming less frizzy which I’m so pleased about.


6.  Favourite T.V show?
I can’t decide on one favourite show, so here are  a few of my favourite shows to watch:
How I Met Your Mother (but I hated the finale to be honest)
Sherlock
The Big Bang Theory

Miranda
Ace Of Cakes
Gilmore Girls


7.  Favourite place in the world?
London.
I’ve always had a love for London and when I got to visit last summer I fell in love even more.  There’s just so much to see and do, the diversity and beauty is breathtaking and truly amazes me.
A few other places I love are:
The Isle Of Sky (Scotland)
Vancouver (Canada)
Lagos (Portugal)


8.  Favourite item of clothing?
Either my black skinny jeans from New Look or my black zip up hoodie from Topshop.  I basically live in both these items, they’re comfy, cosy and make me feel comfortable about what I’m wearing.



9.  Favourite clothes shop?
I really love Topshop, the clothes are comfy and of good quality.
I love Pulp but can never afford anything there, I will spend ages in the shop browsing all the the things I’d like to get but I can never afford them.



Nominees:





My questions for the nominees:


1.  What inspired you to start blogging?



2.  What is your favourite quote?


3.  Favourite place to shop?


4.  If you could live in any fictional world which would it be? And why?


5.  What's your go to comfort food when you're ill?


6.  What are some of your favourite blogs to read?


7.  If you could road trip around any country where would it be?


8.  If you could have a meal with anyone famous (dead or alive) who would it be and why?


9.  Have you been to any concerts?  Which ones?  What concert would you love to go too?


10.  What is your musical guilty pleasure?
 
 
 
Again, I'd like to say a really big thank you to Ciara for nominating me, I've really enjoyed taking part.
 
Hope you all enjoyed this post and that you enjoy checking out the blogs I nominated (they're all really good).
 
 
Carolyn
x

SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig