Thursday, 9 October 2014

My Album Wishlist | October 2014


 

 
Hello everyone!
 
This week I thought I'd share with you some of the albums that I'd like to get.  It's mostly artists that are pop-punk, punk-rock and post-hardcore. 
 
Here is the list of albums that (at the moment) I'd really like to add to my CD collection:

 

 Original album artwork by Tony Moore
 A Day To Remember
- Common Courtesy -
- What Separates Me From You -
- Homesick -
 


Photo Credit (x) 
 You Me At Six
- Cavalier Youth -
- Sinners Never Sleep -
- Take Off Your Colours -
- Hold Me Down -

 

Photo Credit (x)
  Tonight Alive
- What Are You So Scared Of? -
 

 
Photo Credit (x)
 Marianas Trench
- Ever After -
- Masterpiece Theatre -
 


Photo Credit (x)
 Pierce The Veil
- Selfish Machines -
- A Flair For The Dramatic -



Photo Credit (x)
The Summer Set 
- Legendary -
- Everything's Fine -
- Love Like This -



Photo Credit (x)
 Sleeping With Sirens
- With Ears To See & Eyes To Hear -
- If You Were A Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack -
- Lets Cheers To This -

 
 
Photo Credit (x)
 All Time Low
- Put Up Or Shut Up -
- The Party Scene -
- Dirty Work -
 


Photo Credit (x)
Panic! At The Disco
- Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! -
 


Photo Credit (x) 
Fall Out Boy
- Save Rock & Roll -
- Folie A Deux -
- Infinity On High -
- From Under The Cork Tree -
 


Photo Credit (x) 
Simple Plan
- No Pads, No Helmets, Just Balls -
- Still Not Getting Any -
 


Photo Credit (x) 
Of Mice & Men
- Restoring Force -
 

Photo Credit (x) 
We The Kings
- Somewhere, Somehow -
- Smile Kid -
- Sunshine State Of Mind -



Photo Credit (x)
Mayday Parade
- Monsters In The Closet -
 - Tales Told By Dead Friends -
- Anywhere But Here -



Photo Credit (x)
My Chemical Romance
- The Black Parade -
 - Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys -
- May Death Never Stop You -

 
 
Firstly I know that 'Put Up Or Shut Up' by All Time Low is an EP not an album but I included it anyway because I really want it.
Most of the songs on this EP are songs that I already know and love so it would be amazing to have my own copy of these songs. 
I also love listening to these songs then listening to their most recent songs.  I love hearing how All Time Low have stayed true to their sound but also how much they've progressed as musicians.
This will be a lot easier to do when I have my own copy of this EP as I already have a copy of their most recent album 'Don't Panic!' and copies of the extra songs from 'Don't Panic: It's Longer Now!'.

 
 
This is also how I feel with Simple Plan.
I really want their first two albums ('No Pads, No Helmets, Just Balls' and 'Still Not Getting Any') so I can compare them to their most recent work ('Get Your Heart On!' and 'Get Your Heart On - The Second Coming!').  I can't help but feel proud of how far they've come as a band.
The progression from their first songs to their most recent work is incredible but I love how when you hear their music you know it's Simple Plan.
But I'd also love to complete my Simple Plan collection as it's because of them that I love all the bands and music that I do now, and also because they're currently recording another studio album which can't wait to hear.

 
 
I've not heard a lot of songs from Pierce The Veil's 'Selfish Machines' album but what I have heard I really love.
I absolutely love Pierce The Veil's sound, although I now listen to quite a few post-hardcore bands (because I started listening to Pierce The Veil this got me listening to a lot of similar bands such as Sleeping With Sirens)  I feel that Pierce The Veil are very unique and bring something (a good something) completely different to post-hardcore music.
I'd love to have a copy of 'Selfish Machines' and I'm so happy that Pierce The Veil are currently writing and recording a new album (which I can't wait to get my hands on).

 
 
Although I've not been listening to You Me At Six for very long I would love to get a copy of their most recent album 'Cavalier Youth'.
There a few song on this album that I already know and love but one of my favourite things about getting a new album is listening to the songs I've never heard before.
I love hearing new songs and listening to musicians I haven't previously listened to.
So I've decided that until I get a copy of the album (either my own or borrowed) I don't want to listen to any of their songs that I haven't heard before (although this will be difficult).  This means I can get that really awesome, excited feeling when I discover a really amazing song/album for the first time.
It's one of my favourite feelings in the world.
 

 
I'm pretty much the same with A Day To Remember as I am with You Me At Six.
Although I've not been listening to A Day To Remember for very long I'd love to get a copy of their most recent album 'Common Courtesy'.
I think I've only heard four songs from this album but I really want it in order to hear new songs from A Day To Remember.
I really want to get one of their albums so that I can properly sit down and listen to their music, not just spend ages searching through YouTube lyric videos.
 


I have a lot of love for We The Kings.  I only started listening to them this year but they're now one of my favourite bands.  They're my go to band when I know I need something that will definitely make me feel happy.
From the 3 daily vloggers in the band, to their most recent album Somewhere, Somehow, I've really grown to love this band.


 
I would probably squeal from excitement if I managed to get my own copy of the album 'Ever After' by Marianas Trench.
I have so much for this album but it's very difficult to get a hold of in the UK (or it's just really expensive to order online).
This album is so well put together and even from just one listen you can tell that so much work has been put into this album.
 
 


 
Although I've listed more albums and artists I feel it's best I don't go into detail about all of them.
Because let's face it, if I did we'd be here a lot longer and you and me both would end up getting pretty bored, pretty quickly.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this style of post and reading about what albums I'd like to get.
Let me know in the comments what albums are on your wishlist, as well as any albums you think I would enjoy listening too.


Carolyn
x
 
 
 

SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig