Thursday, 27 November 2014

My November Favourites 2014


Hey everyone!

I really can't get my head round the fact that it's the end of November, another month is almost finished and I find that slightly crazy.  I feel like this year has gone in so quickly!
November has been a very busy month for me between college and work but I've always tried to fit in some time to relax with a good book or one of my favourite movies. 
I hope you all enjoy seeing some of the things I've liked in November.
 
YouTube Channels
 
 I really love Dottie's channel.  Her videos are very unique and imaginative.  I found her channel through her boyfriend's channel and I'm so glad that I subscribed.  I've been re-watching a lot of Dottie's videos this month and I've loved doing this.  I love how she has quite a lot of topical/serious videos and isn't just uploading your 'typical' video, her videos are very imaginative.
 
This channel is ran by brothers John Green (yes, that's author John Green) and Hank Green.  This channel never fails to make me smile.  I think that they have created an amazing community (Nerdfighteria) on YouTube.  I have probably learnt more from a day of watching vlogbrothers videos than I have on certain days that I spent in school.  This is probably my favourite thing about this channel, I always learn something new.

 
Blogs
 
Reckless
I love Allie so much!  She is such a lovely person and her blog is amazing!  Allie's blog has been the breathe of fresh air that I have desperately needed in my life.  It's challenging yet fun and her personality really shines through in her writing.
Her posts always make me smile and I always feel like she's just sitting and chatting to me when I'm reading her posts and I really love this.
I'm now at the stage when I get so super excited when I see that Allie has posted - I look forward to reading her new posts so much!

Rainbows & Unicorns
'Rainbows & Unicorns' is Marie's blog and not only is it a lovely blog but it's written by such a lovely girl!  I love just scrolling through Marie's blog and I love, love, loved her post 'Outfit Of The Day...November 2014' the photography in this post was really nice and I loved all her outfits - seriously, I wish I owned her wardrobe!  Like I said, Marie is really lovely and I definitely think you should all have a nosy around her blog - you won't regret it!

 
Music

Defy You Stars 
Photo Credit (x)
 
You probably gathered from My November Playlist that I still love listening to Defy You Stars.  I'm beyond excited to hear their album which is being released very soon.
This month I've been really loving their songs 'Eventually', 'You're What It's All About' and 'Through To You'.  I was so happy when they released the track list for their album and saw that these three songs will be on the record.
I'd definitely say that Defy You Stars are one of my favourite bands and I'm really excited to see what's coming up in the future for them, especially with the release of their album.
If you'd like to read my interview with Nikk Banos from Defy You Stars then you can do that here.
 
 
All Time Low
 
This month not only did I purchase All Time Low's first EP 'Put Up or Shut Up' but I also got tickets to see them on their joint arena tour with You Me At Six next year.  I'm so excited to see them live and listening to their EP has made me more excited.  If you're also going to the tour please let me know in the comments.
I've been playing 'Break Out! Break Out!' and 'Lullabies' a lot since I bought 'Put Up or Shut Up' and I think it's a great EP.

 
Movies 
 
Harry Potter & The Prisoner Of Azkaban

 I don't think I've ever really expressed it on here but I have a lot of love (some people call it obsessing) for Harry Potter!  I love both the books and the movies and can talk about both on end with a fellow Potterhead for way too long. 
This moth I decided to rewatch (for about the millionth time) one of my favourites from the series which is 'Harry Potter & The Prisoner Of Azkaban'. 
I love this film so much, I feel it's when the Harry Potter stories start to get quite 'dark' (not that they aren't in the first two - his parents die in the first book), especially with the introduction o Azkaban Prison and the dementors.  But I absolutely love the introduction of Patronuses in 'The Prisoner Of Azkaban' and what they represent.


Books

Love Letters To The Dead
By
 Ava Dellaira

You may have already seen in my post The Power Of Words that this book means a lot to me.  I didn't know what to expect from it but had pretty high expectations anyway.  I would definitely put this book down as one of my favourites and I would rate it up there with the likes of 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower' by Stephen Chbosky.  
What I really love is that although there is obviously a lot of focus on the main character, all the other characters have their own complicated and unique stories which the author explores.  I really love this because it means you feel a strong attachment to all of the characters and you want to find out more about them.


I hope you've enjoyed reading about some of the things I've liked this month, let me know in the comments what you've been loving in November, I'd love to hear from you.
 
Carolyn
x
SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig