Saturday, 22 November 2014

My Winter Wardrobe Wishlist 2014 & A Big Thank You!


 
  
Hey everyone!

Before I properly start this post I just want to say a massive thank you!  You may have seen on my Instagram already, 'Carolyn's Simple Life' reached 75 followers on Bloglovin'! 
I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who follows me on Bloglovin' and who reads my blog, it really does mean so much to me.  If you'd like to follow my blog on Bloglovin' you can do that here.
I wasn't going to post this till later on this week but I thought I would post it today as a thank you - think of it as an internet 'thank you' hug!

 
Just before Autumn I made a wishlist of all the clothes that I wanted to add to my wardrobe and a lot of you seemed to really like the post (you can read it here).  So, I thought I would do the same this season and show you some of the items I would love to add to my wardrobe for winter.
I really love winter because it means I can dress in lots of cosy, long sleeved clothes and don't feel bad about covering up because this is how I feel comfortable - I'm not the best at dressing to suit warm weather.
 Hope you like reading my wishlist!
 
Crewneck Jumpers
 
New Look Black Nothing To Wear Sweatshirt
Photo Credit (x)
 I've seen this jumper a few times when I've been in New Look and I really like it but I'm not really sure if I could pull it off.  I love the block writing on the plain background, I think it looks quite 'tumblr' if you know what I mean?
You can buy this jumper here.
 
 
New Look White Watercolour Floral Print Sweater
Photo Credit (x)
I've not actually seen this one in store yet but I saw it on the New Look website and I love it so much.  Again, I'm not sure if I could pull it off but I absolutely love the pattern and how it's not too in your face but that it's still the main feature.
You can buy the jumper here.
 
 
Topshop Checked Hybrid Sweat
Photo Credit (x)
 I really love the effect of the shirt underneath the sweatshirt.  And although you can't see it in this photo but the back of the jumper is also the same checked pattern as the under shirt and I really like this about the jumper.
You can buy this sweater here.
 
 
Playsuits & Jumpsuits
With Christmas comes the Christmas parties, although I'm not sure if I'm actually going to any this year.
If you're like me and don't feel very comfortable in dresses but still want to dress up for a party, then a playsuit or jumpsuit could come in handy.
 
New Look Black Contrast Colour Playsuit
Photo Credit (x)
 I love the little white collar on this playsuit, I really add how it just adds that nice little bit of detailing to the playsuit.
You can buy this playsuit here.
 
 
 Dorothy Perkins Little Mistress Navy Embellished Jumpsuit
Photo Credit (x)
I honestly don't think I'd suit a jumpsuit (see what I did there? Suit a jumpsuit! No? Oh, okay then).  Also, I would have no idea what kind of shoes to wear with a jumpsuit!
I quite like this one as it's a dark colour and I like how the detailing on the shoulders makes it quite dressy. 
You can buy this jumpsuit here.
 
 
Miss Selfridge Monochrome Scratch Playsuit
Photo Credit (x)
I actually really love this playsuit!  Although I probably wouldn't have the confidence to wear it, I still think it's really pretty.  I love the pattern of the material and the little splashes of colour.
You can buy this playsuit here.
 
 
Dresses
Although I have mentioned that I don't feel very comfortable wearing dresses I still wanted to include some dresses, just in case any of you were looking for some dress inspiration.
 
Topshop Gem Embellished Skater Dress
Photo Credit (x)
I really like the skater style of this dress and I like how the little gems on the dress give a nice sparkle to what would otherwise be a plain dress.
The only issues I personally have are that I would prefer maybe three quarter length sleeves and I'm not a big fan of the price - £85!
You can buy this dress here.
 
 
Topshop Ponte Twist Skater Dress
Photo Credit (x)
Again, I love that this is a skater dress and I love how the twist in the material gives it a nice embellished detail.  I also like the length of this dress and I feel it's short without being too short.
You can buy this dress here.
 
 
Dorothy Perkins Chi Chi Lace Top Skater Dress
Photo Credit (x)
 Hooray!  Well done to me, it actually has some colour on it!  I really like the detailing on the top half of the dress and then blue lace over the main white material.  Although to be completely honest I definitely do not have the confidence to wear a dress like this but, I still like it.
You can buy this dress here.
 
 
Shoes & Boots
 
New Look Black Leather Chunky Lace Up Block Heel Boots
Photo Credit (x)
I really like the chunky heels on these boots and I think they suit laces rather than buckles really well.  The only thing is that I'm not too sure if I'd find the finishing around the ankle very comfortable if I was walking for a long time.
You can buy them here.
 
 
Topshop Bunk Hiker Boots
Photo Credit (x)
I really love the buckled strap across the front of these boots, I think it makes them quite unique and adds a bit of edge to them.  I also really love the chunky heels and the padded finish around the top of boot.
You can buy these boots here.
 
 
Scarves & Hats
 
New Look Burgundy Knitted Super Long Line Scarf
Photo Credit (x)
 I don't actually own any long woolly scarves and I'd love to get one.  I love how cosy this one looks, I just hope that it's not itchy.  The only issue with this is that I don't think it would go well with the knitted jumper I know I'll be wearing a lot this season - they're the same colour!
You can buy this scarf here.
 
 
Miss Selfridge Burgundy Turn Up Beanie
Photo Credit (x)
Although I personally think that I look ridiculous wearing beanies due to the style of hair that I have, I really want one because they look so cosy!  I love this one from Miss Selfridge as I think the burgundy would suit my hair colour and I love the bobble on the top.
You can buy this beanie here.
 
 
Miss Selfridge Grey Eyelash Snood
Photo Credit (x)
 I love, love, love snoods!  I own more than is necessary and I'd love to finally add a woolly snood to my collection.  I love that this is plain (all my snoods are patterned), I just hope that it's long enough to wrap round twice as that's how I prefer to wear snoods.
You can buy this snood here.
 

I hope you've enjoyed reading about some of the items I'd like to add to my winter wardrobe.  Let me know in the comments what items you liked and, about any products you've seen that you'd love to add to your winter wardrobe.

And thank you again for 75 followers on Bloglovin'!
 
Carolyn
x

SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig