Friday, 26 December 2014

My December Playlist 2014



 Hey everyone!

I can't believe it's boxing day!  I hope you all had an amazing Christmas yesterday and ate way too much food like I did.  Christmas has been and gone for another year and that feels really strange.  I'm still struggling to get my head around that it's December, let alone that it's almost the end of December. 

This month I already posted my Christmas Playlist and my Feel Good Playlist but there's been a lot of other music that I've been loving this month. 
I've made both these playlists on Spotify but I'm still trying to figure out how to use Spotify properly so if anyone could help me with this I'd really appreciate it (I mainly need to know how to get a link for my playlists so I can share them with you).

Here is my (long-ish) last playlist for this year, I hope you all like it.

 
All Time Low - Guts
 
We Are The In Crowd - The Best Thing (That Never Happened)

Shatterproof - Cookie Cutter Life
 
Tonight Alive - Closer
 
Fall Out Boy - The Kids Aren't Alright
 
Kodaline - Honest

The Covz - Photographs

Fast Forward - Geronimo (Sheppard Cover)

Our Last Night - Sunrise

Tonight Alive - Don't Wish

Shatterproof - Sticks & Stones

We Are The In Crowd - Windows In Heaven
 
Tessa Violet - Broken Record

Kodaline - All I Want

Sleeping With Sirens - Iris (The Goo Goo Dolls Cover)
 
PVRIS - My House

We Are The In Crowd - For The Win (Acoustic)


I first heard about The Covz because they followed me on instagram and I thought I would give them a listen.  I have fallen completely and utterly in love with their song 'Photographs', it's absolutely beautiful.  It's the sort of song that you just want to drown yourself in, it's that beautiful. 
Although I do realise that some people may view this as a bad thing (wanting to drown myself in a song).  Maybe a better way of describing it is that I want to fully immerse myself in the entire song.  It really is that beautiful.
 
 
http://weheartit.com/entry/group/33802859
Photo Credit (x)
Another song that makes me feel this way is 'Guts' by All Time Low.  Lyrically, I absolutely love it and the first time I listened to it I got the really weird but awesome butterfly feeling.  I have so much love for this song both vocally and instrumentally.  I think the harmonies are really well done vocally and I love the lead guitar in this song.
This is the kind of song that I just have an overwhelming feeling of love for, it's atmospheric and lyrically I love it.  I feel the same about this song as I do with 'Photographs', I want to fully immerse myself in this song whenever I listen to it.
 
 
This month Fall Out Boy released the audio for their song 'The Kids Aren't Alright' from their album 'American Beauty/American Psycho' which is being released next month.
I will quite happily admit to playing this song on repeat for a few days because I love it that much.  Instrumentally this song reminds me of Fall Out Boy's song 'Miss Missing You' but lyrically and dynamically I think it's really quite unique.  I absolutely love the lyrics in this song and I think they connect with the fan base, which is something which I think Fall Out Boy do really well as a band.

 
Photo Credit (x)
Oh my goodness I love Shatterproof!!  I only started listening to them this month and I absolutely love their music.  I think their sound is extremely unique in that they are punk yet they aren't letting a genre put them in a box.  They're doing this by having a strong emphasis on the strings in their music.  You may think that by having a violinist in the band means they're just copying Yellow card but they're not because Shatterproof's music is definitely more hard-core than Yellow card.
I think that lyrically these guys are great and I absolutely love their song 'Sticks & Stones' not only for the lyrics but also I think that instrumentally and dynamically it's absolutely amazing.  I highly recommend that you give this song a listen.
 
 
This month I started listening to We Are The In Crowd and I'm so glad that I did.  I've been really loving their music and I'm hoping to get my hands on their album 'Weird Kids' really soon.
In particular I've been loving the song 'Windows In Heaven'.  I think it's quite a haunting song and lyrically I think it's really beautiful.  The instrumental for this song fits perfectly with the vocals which I really love, they don't overpower each other and the balance between the two is really good.
 
 
I hope you all liked my December playlist, let me know in the comments what music you've been loving this month, I'd love to hear from you all.
 
Carolyn
x
 
 
SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig