Friday, 2 January 2015

A New Year: Looking Back & Looking Forward | 2015

Hey everyone!
 
 
I've started this post with the quote that I ended with for my new years resolutions post last year.  This year I'm not setting any resolutions, I just want to start this year and see where it takes me.  Yes, there are things that I want to happen this year but I'm not making them into resolutions because that really isn't for me.
 
 I want to look back at 2014 and then look forward at 2015.  And then I want to look to this point next year.  I want this year to be a good year but I'm not giving myself resolutions that I don't think I'll achieve.
 
 
Looking Back At 2014
 
I don't really know where to start to be honest.  The 365 days that made up 2014 were a real mixture because they were busy, exciting, scary, upsetting, amazing, quiet and a lot of other things as well. 
 
 
I think the biggest thing for me this year was deciding to leave high school early.  I am now part way through my one year college course which I'm doing instead of my final high school year.
Leaving high school earlier than I had always intended was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made, even though it meant not finishing 2 of my qualifications.  I'm a lot happier now that I'm not there and I'm finding college to be a much better learning environment for me.
 
 
 
Musically, I think the biggest highlight for me had to be seeing Tonight Alive in concert. 
 
Seeing one of my favourite bands in concert meant so much to me and it really was an incredible experience to see and hear them live because they put everything into these performances.  You can read more about this concert here.
 
Another big thing for me this year was finding so much music that was new to me.  I started listening to so many amazing artists such as We Are The In Crowd, Shatterproof, Dodie Clark, 7 Minutes In Heaven and You Me At Six.
 
 
This year has been amazing for me in terms of blogging.  I've got to interview some really amazing artists such as Nikk Banos from Defy You Stars.  I've made some really amazing friends from blogging such as Allie and all the lovely girls from Beau Bloggers.  I somehow managed to reach over 100 followers on Bloglovin' which still blows my mind.
 
 
And I personally feel as though my blogging has improved a lot from what it was like at this point last year.
 
 
I made some really amazing friends last year, although I did lose a lot of close friends.  I've learnt who my real friends are and this was really difficult for me at some points.  But it means that I now have a small number of really close friends who mean a lot to me.
I was also really happy when I got to meet up with my friend Esmee (you can read a bit about that here) and we had a really nice time together.  You can read her blog here.
 
 
 
Looking Forward At 2015
 
On new years eve I was sitting at my local harbour in the freezing cold with my big cousin.  We were waiting till midnight so we could see the fireworks in Edinburgh.  I didn't know how to feel but then I felt really scared because I know that 2015 is going to be a big year for me.
 
 
Halfway through this year I will finish my college course and I need to decide what I'm going to do at the end of this course.  This is really starting to scare me because I honestly have no idea what I want to do.  I only have a bunch of very random ideas of where I could go and what I could do.
I need to sit down and have really serious think about where I want to be, what I want to be doing and how to get there.
 
This year I will be turning the official adult age of 18.  This scares me a little bit but it also makes me quite excited as well.  I think because I'm turning 18 and that I'm going to be making some sort of big choice about what to do with my life after college that this may be the year that I move out.
This also makes me feel quite scared but also excites me as I feel that I've reached a stage in my life when I need to start being independent, otherwise I may never become an independent person.
Also, I live in a very small town and I know for certain that I really don't want to live here my whole life, I want to try living somewhere else and I want to meet new people and see new places.
 
I know that although I am really scared about 2015, I still have a lot to be looking forward too.
 
In February I'm going to see All Time Low and You Me At Six in concert, just a few weeks before my 18th birthday.
 
http://ticketnews.eventim.co.uk/all-time-low-you-me-at-six-announce-joint-headline-tour/#axzz3NgHTR6iz
 
 
I still have just over 5 months left of my college course which I'm looking forward too because so far I'm really enjoying my course, although I don't know if it's definitely what I want to do as a job but I've recently realised that that's okay.
 
 
I also want to really improve my photography.  I'm getting a new camera soon and I'm planning on taking at least three photos a day to try and build my portfolio.
 
 
I also know that no matter what, this time next year I still want to be blogging.  This tiny little space on the internet means so much to me and I want to keep writing here for as long as I can.  I have a lot of ideas for my blog for this year, one of which I'm quite excited for and that I'll be sharing with you all pretty soon.
  I also want to focus on my creative writing more because I have ideas in my head, I just need to start putting them on paper.
 
 
 
I really hope that this time next year I can look back on 2015 and smile, cringe and laugh.
I want to look back and see moments when I was happy, brave, sad, excited, spontaneous and just plain old stupid. 
I want to look back and see that I've made new friends, seen new places and discovered even more amazing music to listen too.
 
I feel as though this video by Emma Blackery explains what I want this year to be for me, and I hope that it helps you too.
 
 
 
Let me know in the comments what you want to do in 2015 and maybe we can all help each other out with what we all want 2015 to be. 
 
Carolyn
x
 

SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig