Tuesday, 13 January 2015

First Impressions: Something's Gotta Give by All Time Low

Hey everyone!




Last night All Time Low released the music video for their new single 'Something's Gotta Give'.  
This is the first song they've released from their upcoming album 'Future Hearts' which is being released in April.

I was really scared about hearing this song.  I had really high expectations for this song and, I also have really high expectations for 'Future Hearts' as an album since it's the follow up from one of my favourite albums ever which is All Time Low's 'Don't panic!'.



I absolutely love 'Something's Gotta Give'!  I have a feeling it's going to be stuck in my head for a few days and that's something I'm not gonna complain about.
  Lyrically, it has All Time Low written all over it and it's freaking amazing.  
The first time I listened to it I really wasn't sure about the opening guitar riff (I thought it sounded very 'Marianas Trench' which isn't a bad thing because I love 'Marianas Trench' - I just wasn't expecting that sound from All Time Low).  
One thing I really love about the guitar in this song (from the opening riff to the very end) is the strong combination of both electric guitar and acoustic guitar.

As soon as the vocals and bass kicked in, I was hooked.
The chorus is brilliant and the verses are catchy and, I love the fit between the vocals and the instruments during the verses.  I also wasn't expecting piano highlights in the first section of the second verse but I think it's brilliant.
I also really love the bridges before the chorus - the lyrics, vocals and instrumental are really catchy.

I think the middle 8 wasn't what I expected in this song but surprisingly I think it fits perfectly with the rest of the song.
As always, with almost every All Time Low song, I'm in love with the chorus that follows straight after the middle 8, because atmospherically the vocals and percussion are freaking incredible!
All in all, I love this song completely.  Vocally, instrumentally and atmospherically I think it's great.



I think this song was a great choice to be the first release after 'Don't Panic!' and 'Don't Panic: It's Longer Now!'.  It's made me extremely excited to hear the new album 'Future Hearts', it's a great choice as the first release from the album.  If you want to pre-order the album you can do that here.



VIDEO PRE-WARNING: If you feel uncomfortable when watching things that have blood and are kind of gore-y then please don't watch the video as later on it contains a lot of this.

As far as All Time Low goes, this is exactly the sort of video I was expecting from them which is why I love it.  I really wasn't expecting them to be zombies in the end but I think this is perfect because it brings in the zombie theme from the artwork for 'Don't Panic!'. 
The video is fun and had me smiling the whole way through!  And I'd have to say that my favourite shots were probably the group performance shots.  Although it was weird to see them performing while wearing full on zombie makeup!



I hope you enjoyed this spontaneous post - I've just typed it up after watching the video for the first time!  Let me know in the comments what you think of the song and the video, I'd love to hear from you.

Carolyn
x


SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig