Thursday, 29 January 2015

My January Favourites 2015

 
 
 
Hi everyone!
 
This month has been pretty stressful for me but I've been trying my best to make sure I have time for the things I enjoy doing.  Even if that does mean listening to music full blast when I'm on the bus to college - I need something to keep me awake!  Or putting up with people reading over my shoulder when I'm reading in public (a big pet peeve of mine).
This month's favourites post is pretty long but I hope you enjoy it none the less.
 
 
YouTube Channels
 
I love Will's channel.  His videos are really unique and, it's clear watching any of his videos that he puts a lot of time and thought into what he's making.
I've been subscribed to his channel since he set it up and I'd definitely say that he's one of my favourite YouTube creators.  I feel that Will is sort of the British YouTube version of Adam Elmakias.
You can check out Will's channel here.


Daniel J Layton
Daniel is probably one of my favourite vloggers on YouTube because he never fails to make me laugh.  I think he has a really unique sense of humour which in turn makes his videos really unique.
If you ever need cheered up then head over to Daniel's channel because he'll put a smile on your face for sure, either with his amazing singing or funny vlogs.
You can check out Daniel's channel here.


GaryC
I have loved Gary's channel this month (like I do every month to be honest).  He's made quite a few videos this month that have really made me think about things in a new perspective. 
Gary's videos are very thought provoking and have made me have a serious think about topics I would normally glance over.
I'd highly recommend watching Gary's most recent videos as the way he's filmed them and his personality make them very unique and, may even challenge you to think about things in a new light.
You can check out Gary's channel here.



Blogs
 
Rock N Roses
I have so much love for Siobhan and her blog Rock 'N' Roses.  Not only has her blog really inspired me to up my photography game but, it's also helped me to realise and learn a lot about blogging.  Also, she has an amazing sense of style and her eyeliner game is hella strong!  In case you want somewhere specific to start then I'd highly recommend reading Siobhan's post Be The Heroine Of Your Own Story.
You can have a nosy around Siobhan's blog here.


Delight & Be
http://www.delightandbe.com/
The theme on Delight & Be recently has been community and it's really made me think about a lot of different aspects of my life.
I don't really want to talk about Delight & Be a lot because it's the sort of blog that you just need to have a look around for yourself, which I'd highly recommend. 
You can do that here.


 
Music

We Are The In Crowd
I have so much love for We Are The In Crowd and especially, their album Weird Kids.  I bought this album at the end of last month and I have played it on repeat quite a few times now.
I'm not going to say a lot about Weird Kids because I'm going to do that in a separate post otherwise we could be here for a very long time.
The one thing I will say is that even if you're not a fan of this band or this style of music, you should definitely listen to this album because it really is incredible.
 
 

You Me At Six & All Time Low
I'm seeing All Time Low and You Me At Six next month (in exactly 2 weeks!) so I've been listening to them a lot this month, in particular their most recent albums.   I have been loving both these bands this month and I'm unbelievably excited (and actually quite nervous) to see them live.
Their music (especially All Time Low in particular) is music which I love and can really connect with, the studio versions of their music are incredible and hearing it live will (most probably) be an amazing experience.

 
 
Movies 
 
Miranda Hart's My, What I Call, Live Show
SUCH FUN!!!
Sorry for the outburst there, I'll try to compose myself now.  I absolutely love Miranda Hart and was gutted when her sitcom ended at the beginning of this year.  But luckily me and a few friends had a cosy night in with here Live Show DVD from the O2 Arena and, some much needed Ben & Jerry's ice cream.  This DVD was brilliant and had me crying with laughter, I'd highly recommend watching it especially for fans of Miranda or, if you need a DVD to cheer you up.




Books
 
 A Little Something Different
by
Sandy Hall
I love this book so, so much!!!!
I finished this book in less than a day because I loved it that much!  I think the idea of telling the story from 14 points of view was a really interesting way to write this. 
At first I really wasn't sure about it because I was getting a little confused about who was who but after the first few pages I got into the flow of the story and I couldn't stop.
I really like how Sandy Hall took a while to reveal things about Gabe's past because it kept me really hooked on the story. 
 I also loved all the other characters in the book and how their personalities helped to make the relationship between Lea and Gabe even more interesting than it already was.
This is a great read, especially if you're looking for an interesting but not typical love story.


Since You've Been Gone
by
Morgan Matson
http://www.amazon.com/Since-Youve-Been-Morgan-Matson/dp/1442435003
I'll admit that at first I wasn't sure if this book was for me and it took me a while to properly start reading it.  But once Emily found the list from Sloane and marked her first item off I was really loving the story, I was hooked from then on.
I think the idea for this book is original and absolutely brilliant. I also love the characters and how they all have their own individual, distinct characteristics and personalities.
I'd recommend this book for anyone that wants a read that's a little unpredictable, with summer adventure and romance.


Billy & Me Collection
by
Giovanna Fletcher
You may have seen on my instagram that my friend let me borrow her collection of books by Giovanna Fletcher.  I've wanted to read her books for a while but I never got round to it.  But then my friend said I could borrow her copies and I let her borrow some of my Sarah Dessen books.
I decided to read Billy & Me first and I loved it. 
I loved the early stages of Sophie and Billy's relationship and I think their first date was so cute.
I'd definitely recommend this for anyone who's looking for a romantic read with a twist but, it's definitely for older readers.
I also read the novella Christmas With Billy & Me (even though it's January) and I think it's just so lovely, although it didn't end how I expected it too. I still loved it.


You're The One That I Want
by
Giovanna Fletcher
I'll admit that I didn't love this book as much as I did Billy & Me but, once I got into the story I was hooked.  This is a beautiful but complex love story.  I found myself constantly changing my mind about the main characters, their stories are so exciting and you never know what's round the next corner for them.  I loved how this was written in different perspectives with parts of the wedding speeches included.   This book was really good but again, definitely for older readers.



I hope you enjoyed reading about what I've been loving this month, let me know in the comments what some of your favourite things have been this January, I love hearing from you.

Carolyn
x

Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Bloglovin
 

SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig