Monday, 9 February 2015

A Spotlight On: Novels by Rusty Clanton (Version With Dodie Clark)

 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc5X66kFIMg
 
Hey everyone!

Time for another spontaneous post because I have found a song that is incredibly beautiful - oh, the excitement I am feeling right now because of this song!
 
Oh my goodness, this song!!!!  This is the kind of song that is so rare and, so beautiful.  The first time I listened to this song I was sitting in my bedroom with no lights except my fairy lights and I just sat and listened to this song.  This song is so beautiful and I seriously cannot stress enough how badly I want you to listen too it, but at the same time I just want to keep it all to myself.
 
The version I listened too was not the original.  This song is by Rusty Clanton and the first version I listened too was the one he recorded with Dodie Clark for her YouTube channel.
It was beautiful and yes, it made me cry a little bit.
 
I've listened to both versions now but for this post I want to talk about the version with Dodie in particular because, it's the version that made me fall in love with this song in the first place.
 
 
I think that the pure simplicity of this song makes it so beautiful, it's just two voices with a guitar and that's all that it needs to be. 
 
Lyrically this song is incredible, it tells a story (no pun intended there by the way) and makes a connection to the listener.  My favourite line has got to be:
'And when we sleep I hope we both write novels in our heads'
because I think it gives a really nice representation of dreaming when we're asleep.
 
Vocally I think that Rusty and Dodie's voices fit together really well and I absolutely love how much emotion they both put into this, not only can you hear it but you can really feel it when you listen to this version.
 
The version with Dodie was filmed in a hallway at the YouTube convention Playlist Live and I think a setting as empty as this is perfect because, it allows the space to be filled up with the song and it's so brilliant.
 
I also love the setting for Rusty's original version of this song that he posted on his YouTube channel.  It's filmed at the side of the road and you can hear the wind and cars going past but it adds to the song rather than distracting from it, it's brilliant.
 
 
I'm not going to say much more about this song because I really think you need to listen to it in order to appreciate just how beautiful it is.
It's the kind of song that I want to write down and carry with me all the time and, to ink on my skin and, to listen too while looking up at a starlit sky. 
Basically, the message of this post is that I love this song and I want everyone to listen too it so they can hear how beautiful it is.
 
Let me know in the comments what you think of either version of the song, I'd love to hear from you.
 
Carolyn
x
 
 

SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig