Saturday, 28 February 2015

My Road Trip Playlist #1 | Reckless Link Up

Hey everyone!

Something that is definitely on my bucket list is to go on at least one proper road trip.  I love the idea of packing some belongings into a car or a camper van, then seeing new countries with my friends by driving around and, hopefully, having some crazy adventures and making memories. 

Music is a big part of my life and I love having memories attached to certain songs.  So, I thought I would write a series of playlists that I'd love to play on a road trip and this is the first one.


James Blunt - Heart To Heart

Fall Out Boy - Young Volcanoes

All Time Low - To Live & Let Go

We Are The In Crowd - The Best Thing (That Never Happened)

You Me At Six - Be Who You Are

Pierce The Veil - Hold On Till May

Ed Sheeran - Little Bird

Tonight Alive - Come Home

Panic! At The Disco - This Is Gospel (Piano Version)

Simple Plan - The Rest Of Us

Dodie Clark - A Permanent Hug

Sleeping With Sirens - All My Heart


I think something that I like about playlists for something like a road trip is that the music can be absolutely anything.  Slow, upbeat, fast, loud, heartfelt, climatic, happy.  It can be any genre and, from any artist. 

I think with this playlist I have gone for mostly upbeat songs.  I think this is because (in my head at least) I see the start of a road trip to be really exciting and I think you need some songs that you can sing along to like crazy, while grinning like mad.
But at the same time I've included some songs that are a slower and, more heartfelt songs.



One of my favourite songs that always makes me want to dance around is The Rest Of Us by Simple Plan.  This song always makes me feel so happy and I can't help but tap my feet whenever I hear it.
I absolutely love this song and I think it's perfect for a road trip because it's the kind of song that when you hear it, you can't help but smile.



I am a really big fan of James Blunt's 'Moon Landing' album.  I feel like the whole album would be great for a road trip to be completely honest.  But for this first playlist I've decided to include the song Heart To Heart.  This is the kind of song that is a great 'cheer up' song.  If you're ever feeling down then I highly recommend listening to this song and dancing around your bedroom, hopefully it'll help you feel better. 


http://rebloggy.com/post/mine-lyrics-fob-fall-out-boy-save-rock-and-roll-young-volcanoes/47310462860

Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy will have you clicking your fingers within the first 5 seconds, it's inevitable.  I think that this is the kind of song that sounds upbeat (seriously, this is such a happy song) but has more of a 'serious' message behind it.  I think I mostly think this because of the line "Come on make this easy, say I never mattered" and it's a lyric that really means a lot to me and, is one of my favourite parts of the song.  I really love this song and I think it would be great to just sing along to really loudly.


I love the piano version of This Is Gospel by Panic! At The Disco so much!  I have a lot of love for the original because I think it has a great instrumental atmosphere.  But I think that the atmosphere in the piano version is absolutely amazing and also is just really freaking beautiful.


I hope that you all enjoyed my playlist and I'll hopefully have my second road trip playlist for you all soon.  Let me know in the comments what songs you'd love to play on a road trip, I'd love to hear what songs you'd play.



Something that I am really excited about is that I'm involved in my first blogging link up!
One of my favourite parts about blogging is making friends and my amazing friend Allie from Reckless nominated me for her link up Liebster Award.  Be sure to check out her blog through the button below and, you can read her link up post here.

http://recklessinyourlove.blogspot.co.uk/


Carolyn

x

 Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Bloglovin

SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig