Thursday, 26 March 2015

My Recent Beauty Purchases | March 2015

 
 
Hi everyone!
 
You may have seen from instagram recently that I've been treating myself to a few new beauty products.  So, I thought I'd share with you all what I've bought recently. 
 
If you've been hanging around my blog for a while then you'll know that I am a novice when it comes to makeup.  I only started to properly wear makeup a few months ago so most of the products that I buy are ones that were recommended to me (big thanks to the girls in my college class and the many beauty blogs I read who have been helping me out when it comes to makeup).
 
 
Sleek Makeup: i-Divine au nauturel eyeshadow palette  
 
Before buying this eyeshadow palette I was only using 3 shades of eyeshadow and didn't know how to apply it properly.  So I spoke to a few girls in my college class and they recommended this palette to be my first eyeshadow palette and I am so glad that they did. 
The colours I have been using are Honeycomb all over my eye lids, taupe in the inner corners and, conker blended along the eye socket (thanks to the lovely instructions on the back of the packaging).
As a beginner to eyeshadow I have found this palette really nice to use, by following the instructions that come with the palette my eyeshadow is looking a lot nicer and, it stays on very well.
The only thing is I sometimes struggle to open the packaging and instead of using the brush it comes with, I'm using a body shop brush I was given at Christmas because I find it a lot nicer to use for application.
 
 
The Body Shop All-In-One Face Base (Shade 04)
 
This is my second time buying this product and I love it so much.  I've only ever worn liquid foundation once in my life (for a school dance) and I was not a fan of it.  Before I started wearing the all-in-one face base I used to wear a powder as a base instead and although it was good, it didn't stay on very well during the day.   So,  when I was in the body shop a while ago I asked for some advice from one of the assistants and she let me try this product in the shop.
As a girl whose skin tone is naturally very pale I'm always scared that whatever product I try as a base is going to end up looking very orange on me (and evidently blending into my ginger-ish hair).  But I've been able to find a shade (04) in this range which gives my face a nice colour without looking orange.
This product comes with a sponge for application (I used to use a brush when I wore powder) and I think it's really good for applying the product and helps to give really nice, even coverage.
I'd highly recommend this product although it is a bit on the expensive side (about £14) it lasts for at least 3 or 4 months and, is also good for sensitive skin.
 
 
Zoella Beauty - Soak Opera Bath Soak & Shower Cream
 
The only other Zoella Beauty product I use is the body mist (you can read what I think about it here) and I decided to get the shower cream that's also in the collection. 
The fragrance is the same as the body mist, which is a scent that I really love and the main reason I wanted to try out the shower cream.  I love the packaging design on the bottle, I think it's very delicate and pretty which I love.
The shower gel itself is a nice product, the scent isn't as strong as I'd like and the consistency is a little thick.  But overall I think it's quite a good product, it does the job it's meant too and I don't think it's too expensive (£5 from Superdrug) for what you're getting. 
 
 
The Body Shop Eye Definer Pencil (Shade Rich Brown)
 
I have a very strong love/hate relationship with eyeliner.  I love wearing it, I think it helps to complete an eye makeup look but, I am not the best at applying it (although I'm getting better with practice).
I really like this eyeliner, I find it's easy to apply and, the shade is really good for me because being pale means black eyeliner really doesn't suit me so, I was so happy when I found a brown shade that suits my skin tone (seriously I've been looking for a good mascara in brown for ages and I'm failing miserably.  So you can imagine how happy I was when I at least managed to find an eyeliner in a brown shade that suited me).
This is my second time buying this eyeliner and I'd definitely recommend it for anyone like me who is new to makeup.  I think the best advice I can give is start with a pencil rather than a liquid and, sharpen the pencil everytime before using it because this makes it easier to draw a thin line and then you can thicken your eyeliner from there if you want too.
 
 
The Body Shop Born Lippy Pomegranate Lip Balm
 
I love this lip balm so much!  Unfortunately it seems as though no matter what time of the year it is, I always have dry lips.  But I've started applying this lip balm before I put on my lip gloss and it's really helping the condition of my lips.
They're now a lot less dry and this lip balm has a nice finish for days when I don't really want to wear lip gloss.
 
 
 
I hope you've enjoyed finding out about some of the beauty products that I've been using recently. 
Let me know in the comments what some of your favourite beauty products are, like I said I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to makeup so recommendations (especially drugstore brown mascaras that aren't too expensive!) would be greatly appreciated.
 
Carolyn
x
 
 

SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig