Sunday, 5 April 2015

Becoming Your Own Hero | Part 2: Self Confidence Isn't Full Time

 
 
 
Hey everyone!
I want to say a huge thank you for all the lovely feedback on the initial post I wrote for my Becoming Your Own Hero series (which you can read here).
 It really meant so much to me reading the comments on that post and realising that I'm not alone in the 'extreme lack of self confidence' group.  Also, I really think we need to organise a virtual tea party!

Something I've been thinking about over the last few days is that maybe in order to have self confidence in myself and who I am on both the inside and the outside, I think I need to realise that self confidence maybe isn't full time.

It's completely okay to have days, weeks, months, where you are really happy with who you are; the way your hair is styled, the way you're treating other people, the way you're treating yourself, your makeup, the little quirks that make up your individual personality, the outfits you put together, your body, and anything else that you feel confident about.  And that's okay.

But there will be days, weeks and months, where you're happy with some of those things or, only one of those things or, none of those things.  There will be days when you're confident about everything about yourself except for one little aspect of yourself that's making you feel down.
And that's also okay.


I personally don't think it's possible to have the whole self confidence thing completely worked out, in every aspect of your life, all of the time.
Because let's face it, being completely confident with your personality, your entire body, your job/studies, the people you've surrounded yourself with, your clothes, the way you act in different situations, your makeup, your diet, your hair, your hobbies, (the list goes on), seems like it would drown every ounce of energy from you

But if someone does have this figured out (without the whole energy draining thing) then please share your knowledge, the rest of us would almost definitely benefit!


I think it would maybe be easier to even just be a little bit confident, in however many areas of our lives is best for ourselves, and if we wanted to we could try and slowly build up those little bits of confidence.


https://www.pinterest.com/pin/128141551872271439/
 
 
Our confidence does need to start somewhere but I feel it would maybe be easier to start of with a little bit of confidence and then try to build it up.  But also to keep in mind that it's totally okay for self confidence levels to chop and change.

I think starting of small sounds a lot easier than throwing ourselves in the deep end, attempting to tread water the entire time in the deep end, then admitting defeat by doggy paddling to the side, pulling ourselves out the metaphorical swimming pool of self confidence, and then being way too scared to so much as dip our baby toe in ever again, right?
We'll just be sensible and start off with very simple, small 'lessons' in the metaphorical self confidence pool.
For the record, I have no idea why I just used a swimming pool/swimming lessons as a sort of reference because I really hate swimming, but that's for a different post (also to do with a self confidence thing actually).


Anyway, enough of my rambling.
I think what I'm trying to get at is that it's okay to be self confident with lots of things, or only a few things, or only one thing.  I think I'm also trying to say that if you want to feel happier with yourself and have however much more self confidence you want for yourself, it's probably a lot easier to start of small.
And, it's completely okay to only feel confident some of the time.

I think something we could all do is to pick one or two (or however many areas of our lives really) that we want to look at and try to slowly build up our confidence in those areas.  It could be fitness, makeup, writing, fashion, school studies, cooking, body image, absolutely anything that you want to feel more confident in.
If you feel comfortable sharing, then let me know in the comments what area you want to build your confidence in and, we can see what we could do to try and help each other.


Also let me know in the comments what your thoughts are on self confidence being a part time thing, I'd love to hear your opinions.

Carolyn
x

Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Bloglovin
 
SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig