Tuesday, 14 April 2015

It's A Fine, Fine Life | Aprils Little Happy Moments

 
http://recklessinyourlove.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2015-04-09T01:00:00-07:00&max-results=3
 
 
When my amazing friend Allie announced on her blog (which you should all definitely have a look at because it's a great blog) that she was going to be hosting a weekly link up that any blogger could join (you can read the announcement post here), I knew that I wanted to get involved.
 
 
But then I started to panic.  The whole point of the link up, titled 'It's A Fine, Fine Life' is to talk about the things in life that are making you happy by sharing stories, pictures, a favourites lists, anything in your life that is positive.
 
I am a natural pessimist. 
 
I see the negative in almost every situation that I'm in, on a daily basis. 
 
I'm currently dealing with a lot pretty stressful, scary and, unknown situations.  This means that my pessimistic mind-set is even more negative than usual. 
 
 
But, I thought I'd take a leaf out of Louise Pentland's book (it's actually her Facebook Page in this case) and list some of the little happies that have been in my life during the month of April so far:
 
 
 
1.  My friend visited from Denmark and it was so amazing getting to spend time with her again.
 
 
2.  I had my nails done for the first time, it was a really lovely experience.
 
 
 
3. If you've been reading my blog for a while then you'll know that I love listening to new music and, one of my favourite bands is All Time Low. 
So, you can imagine why excitement when my copy of All Time Low's new album, Future Hearts, arrived through my letter box.
I have been listening to this album a lot and, I have a lot of love for certain songs on this album (keep your eyes peeled for an album dissection post soon).
 
 
4.  Speaking of All Time Low, this month I booked my ticket to see them in August along with Neck Deep which I am extremely excited (although slightly nervous) about!
 
 
 
5.  I went out with my mum and dad last week for afternoon tea which was actually a mothers day present for my wonderful mum. 
We went to a lovely place called Melville Castle and, I was very happy because there was a horse in the grounds there and, I really love horses!
 
 
6.  I've been on quite a lot of clothes shopping trips recently that have been very stressful and quite emotional but, the last two were actually a success and I'm really pleased with what I bought.  I might even do a little haul post for you all. 
 
 
https://instagram.com/evanedinger/
 
7.  After watching Evan Edinger's YouTube videos about him and Dodie Clark travelling around New Zealand, I am feeling extremely inspired to go travelling if my applications for apprenticeships don't work out. 
This is something that really excites me and I'm going to start doing a lot of research about gap years and travelling.
If anyone has any advice in this area then please, please, please share it in the comments or head over to my contact page to share your knowledge.  I'd really appreciate any advice (both good and bad things about travelling) while I'm making decisions about my future.
 
 
8.  My blog (yes, this blog you're reading right now) is almost at 200 followers on Bloglovin' which I am struggling to get my head around!  This is something I never thought would happen so makes me very happy because, this blog means an awful lot to me.
 
 
9.  On my last blog post (which you can catch up on here) I talked about fashion, which is actually something I've been struggling a lot with over the past year or so.   
I received a lot of very lovely comments on that post that made me feel like I was getting an internet hug.  It's really made me appreciate all of the wonderful people in the blogging community.
 
 
 
 
Wow.  It turns out that even though it's only the 14th of April it's actually been pretty good so far (even if there are a lot of stresses in my life just now). 
 
Thank you to both Allie for giving me a reason to be positive and, Louise Pentland for the inspiration to list the happy things in April so far.
If you want to join Allie's link up for this week then you can do that through Allie's post here.
 
Let me know in the comments what has been making you happy this April, I'd love to hear from you and be happy about your happiness. 
 
Carolyn
x
 
 

SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig