Saturday, 30 May 2015

My May Playlist 2015

  

 
This month has been crazy busy for me, especially at college since I've had a lot going on for my graded unit, I still can't believe it's finished!  So a few trips to HMV were needed, although I was good and only treated myself to one CD but, that will probably change over the course of the next few days.
I hope you enjoy my playlist for this month.
 
 
 
Twenty One Pilots - Holding Onto You
 
 
Dodie Clark - A Permanent Hug From You
 
 
Sleeping With Sirens - Don't You Ever Forget About Me
 
 
As It Is - You, The Room & The Devil On Your Shoulder
 
 
Twenty One Pilots - Trees


All Time Low - Old Scars/Future Hearts


Dodie Clark & Jack Howard - Four Five Seconds (Cover


Hey Violet - This Is Why


Tonight Alive - Complexes


Twenty One Pilots - Screen


Cahoots (Ft. Shaun Reynolds) - Down


As It Is - Can't Save Myself


Dodie Clark - Moving On (over)


All Time Low (Ft. Joel Madden) - Bail Me Out


Twenty One Pilots - Glowing Eyes


State Champs - Prepare To Be Noticed


As It Is - Drowning Deep In Doubt


Hey Violet - I'm There




You may have seen from my instagram that this month I bought a copy of Twenty One Pilots debut album Vessel.  This album is absolutely incredible!  There's not really a way to put their music into a genre because it has so much variety in it, from ukulele, to rap, to alternative rock. 
When I first heard of twenty one pilots I didn't bother giving their music a listen because I automatically assumed I wouldn't like their music from the weird description I read about their music and I hate that I didn't give them a listen.   Their music is extremely powerful and I'm hoping to get a copy of their new, Blurryface, soon.


 
You may remember me talking about this album in last month's playlist.  But I'm going to happily talk about it all over again.  The album in question is Never Happy, Ever After and is the debut album from one of my favourite bands, As It Is. 
I was so excited for their debut album and they didn't disappoint.  This month I have been listening to this album a lot, more than I did last month when it was actually released.  I'll even admit to this being the only music that I listened too for a few days in a row.  This band are definitely the upcoming band to watch on pop punk music right now.
 
 

I have talked about Dodie Clark many times on my blog, mainly about her music but also her YouTube channel in general.  This month I've been trying to make more of an effort with learning to play my ukulele (I'm not doing very well with this) and I've been listening to Dodie's music a lot as inspiration and motivation for this.  Also, the first song that I'm trying to learn is Dodie's song A Permanent Hug From You.  This song is just so lovely and the lyrics make me smile so much.



I hope you've reading about some of the music in this playlist.  let me know in the comments what music you've been enjoying during May, I'd love to hear from you.


Carolyn
x
 


SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig