Wednesday, 1 July 2015

My June Playlist 2015


http://adamelmakias.com/
Twenty One Pilots photographed by Adam Elmakias

Last month was quite a crazy one for me.  It started off nice and quite but over the last few weeks things have got very busy for me.  There's going to be a lot of big changes going on in my life that may mean that over the next few weeks my blog may be a little neglected.  But I will try my best to post as often as I can.

 Throughout June I bought a few new albums that have had a big influence on the music that I've been listening too, I hope you enjoy my June playlist.


 
Tonight Alive - Safe & Sound

 
Twenty One Pilots - The Judge


Orla Gartland - Lonely People

 
Hey Violet - You Don't Love Me Like You Should


Tonight Alive - In The First Place

 
Paramore - Fast In My Car


Twenty One Pilots - Ride


You Me At Six - Loverboy


Tonight Alive - Sure As Hell


Orla Gartland - Roots


State Champs - Elevated


Twenty One Pilots - Goner


As It Is - Drowning Deep In Doubt


All Time Low - Guts



You may have seen from my instagram (cheeky little plug there) that I finally bought a copy of Tonight Alive's "What Are You So Scared Of?" album.  This album is so incredible.
I already knew a lot of the songs on the album but what I loved about getting this album was falling in love with the songs I hadn't heard before.
This album has a different sound to their "The Other Side" album which is their most recen release.  But there are underlying sounds there that show Tonight Alive have a firm grounding in what they are as a band and what their individual sound is.  This is something that I really love and is making me really excited for their new music.



At the same time as buying my Tonight Alive album I decided to get Twenty One Pilots new album "Blurryface" as well.
I had a vague idea what to expect with this album cause I recently bought their debut album "Vessel".  This album was what I expected it to be; diverse but connected.
Twenty One Pilots can't be put into a genre, they have a range of sounds that cover various genres.  They are a completely unique band in an industry full of copycats.  Their lyrics are raw and when I listened to the album for the first time I was excited for each new track because the only thing I knew to expect was something unique, and they didn't fail to deliver.
There are definitely songs that I prefer over others on Blurryface but I think that this album is incredible as a whole.


I hope you've enjoyed reading about some of the music that I enjoyed throughout June.  let me know in the comments what music you listened too during the last month, I'd love to hear from you.

Carolyn
x

 Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Bloglovin


SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig