Tuesday, 5 January 2016

A Spotlight On: We'll Be Okay by With Confidence


https://www.facebook.com/withconfidence/photos_stream?ref=page_internal
 
 
I was pretty excited this morning when I logged onto my instagram to learn that With Confidence had signed to Hopeless Records.  I've been listening to their music for almost a year now so seeing them sign to a well known label in the alternative music scene was pretty exciting. 

Not only did With Confidence announce their signing to Hopeless Records today but, they also released their new single We'll Be Okay.   So I thought I'd share it with you for my A Spotlight On series.


https://www.facebook.com/withconfidence/photos_stream?ref=page_internal


The vocals are there from the start which is something you don't hear that often, it reminds me a little of All Time Low's Poppin' Champagne which I like.  At first the vocals are joined solely by the lead guitar part which I like, it builds a bit of expectation before the other members start playing so that there's a kick when they do join the song. 

I really like how the lyrics in the bridge link back to the first line of the song, it's a nice touch and helps to join the parts of the song together.   The bridge is actually one of my favourite parts of this song, the snappy guitar riffs, the effects on the vocals, and the amazing drumming make it a great lead up to the chorus.


https://www.facebook.com/withconfidence/photos_stream?ref=page_internal
 
 
Vocally, the chorus isn't what I expected but that kind of makes me love it more.  At the end of each line the vocals hit a higher note than expected but instead of sounding out of place it adds a really nice edge to the chorus, and it's something that will make this song stand out. 
The guitars in the chorus work really well with the vocals, they're providing some really nice riffs that are complimenting the main tune. 
 
 
The guitar riffs used in the chorus then tie into the second verse and continue throughout the verse and add a great counter melody to the vocals.  Lyrically I love the second verse:
 
 Glowing as we take our turn
Knowing that we'll be all right
And it could be you
It could be you
 
The lyrics relate back to the chorus and, at least to me anyway, are very " generic pop punk".  If you've been reading my blog for a while then you'll know that this is something I love. 
 
 
https://www.facebook.com/withconfidence/photos_stream?ref=page_internal
https://www.facebook.com/withconfidence/photos_stream?ref=page_internal
 
 
The drums in the third verse are absolutely incredible.  They really stand out here and provide a good, solid rhythm to the third verse.  This verse continues well into the final chorus with vocals being accompanied by short bursts from the instrumental, this isn't too drawn out and creates an energetic, hyped up atmosphere for the final chorus. 
 
I'm pretty much in love with the backing vocals in the final chorus, they're not too overpowering but you still know they're there and complimenting the lead vocals.  The guitar riff that's prominent at the end of the chorus provides a really great outro for the song, and it makes me happy that the vocals are clean cut at the end instead of fading. 
 
 
 
 


Overall I'm loving We'll Be Okay and thinks it's a great way for With Confidence to start of their signing to Hopeless Records.  I'm looking forward to hearing what else they're going to be releasing in the future, especially in terms of their debut album with Hopeless records.



 Carolyn
x

Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Bloglovin
 

SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig