Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Gold In The Darkest Moments #1




For a while now I've been looking for a way to share with you the things in my life that have been making me happy.  I often tend to dwell on the negative things, so I thought that if I started a weekly series which made me look for good things to share from the past seven days, this could be a little way to help me look at things a little more positively.

Katy from Little Miss Katy has a series called Happy Monday.  I absolutely adore Katy's blog and every Monday she shares ten things from her week that have made her happy.

I've decided to start my own version of this called Gold In The Darkest Moments (taken from the song Cinderblock Garden) were every Wednesday I'll share at least 5 things from my week that have made me happy.  So, lets get on with the first instalment! 




1.  The past weekend.
I had a brilliant weekend at my work.  I work full time at a Christian outdoor activity centre and we had our annual ladies weekend the past weekend.  I had an amazing time, the ladies that attended were lovely, I ran a fitness class (I know, I was quite shocked as well!) and I got to work with lots of great people. 


2.  My hair(cut).
I got a haircut!  I know, it's a small thing but for quite a while I've needed a decent haircut.  Each time I've been to the hairdressers I've put off getting the haircut I've needed and my hair has not been thanking me for it.  But this morning I bit the bullet and got a good couple of inches taken off, and I am so pleased with it!  My hair already feels a lot healthier! 



3. Starting to exercise daily.
For people who have been reading my blog for a while this one is quite surprising, considering how many jokes I make about how unfit I am.  But since Christmas I've been making more of an effort when it comes to my fitness level, I was getting fed up being tired after walking up some stairs. 
I started off by going for a lunch time walk and then doing a 15 minute workout (if you could even call it that). 
But now I go for a walk every lunch break, and have put together an hour long workout for after work which is suited to me starting out with fitness. 
This has genuinely made me so happy and I'm starting to see the difference it's already making for me, even if it is small at the moment. 



4.  Runaway by Against The Current
It might seem a bit strange to have a song in a post like this but, I love music so I couldn't help but sneak one in!  I have been listening to Runaway by Against The Current on repeat while dancing around my room and singing loudly and out of tune.  It's a fun, upbeat song which has turned into my happiness song at the moment and it's great.  


5. Drinking more water.
Again, a simple thing but it's been so beneficial.  I've been making more of an effort to drink more water and my skin is feeling a lot better for it. 



6.  Notting Hill.
I finally watched Notting Hill!  Yes, when it comes to classic movies I am pretty deprived, I haven't even seen Monsters Inc. yet and I'm nineteen years old!  But, my mum and dad bought me Notting Hill for my birthday so we cosied up on the sofa and had a movie night, it was lovely and I really enjoyed the movie - Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts are brilliant! 


 7. My family.
I'm saving the best till last for this post.  I'm back home for a few days just now and I've loved spending time with my family.  It's the really little things I've loved like going shopping with my mum, washing dishes with my dad, and going to my grans for my lunch.  Losing my Auntie at the end of last year has really made me realise how fragile life is and has made me extremely grateful for my family. 



I hope you've enjoyed this post, I've really enjoyed writing it and I'm looking forward to writing another one next week.  Let me know in the comments what things have made you happy over the past week, I'd love to read about them. 


Carolyn
x


SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig