Saturday, 14 May 2016

Gold In The Darkest Moments #5

Yes I know, it isn't a Wednesday but I'm writing a Gold In The Darkest Moments post.  But, I haven't been able to blog in a couple of weeks because having a unique, full time job is pretty time consuming.  I have a day off so I wanted to write a post and share some of the things from the past few weeks that have made me happy. 


 
1.  BBQ at the beach.
Last Monday evening I went out with a bunch of my friends for a BBQ at the beach and it was so lovely.  The weather was great and it was nice to hang out with my closest friends. 


2.  Changing my wardrobe.
If you've been hanging around my blog for a while then you might remember me writing this post.  When I wrote that post my wardrobe mainly consisted of black jeans, black hoodies, and band t-shirts.
I've recently started wearing more dresses, skirts, cardigans, and plain t-shirts.  I've been styling myself on Dodie Clark and Tanya Burr for inspiration.  This has made me really happy and I'm enjoying finding new clothes to wear and having some fun when putting together outfits. 


3. FaceTime with Dani. 
A little while ago my friend Gordy let me hijack his phone so I could FaceTime my friend Dani who lives in Canada.  It was so  nice to talk to her, meet one of her housemates over video, and get excited over how cute her pet cats are.  Dani is one of my best friends and I miss her dearly, but I was so happy to have the chance to actually talk to her. 




4.  Oh Wonder. 
I've started listening to the group Oh Wonder and I love them so much.  I bought their self titled album today, I'm listening to it while typing this post and I'm really enjoying it.  Their music is pretty different to what I normally listen too but I really love it, it's so unique and captivating. 




5.  Chocolate chats.
Sometimes you just need to sit on a big industrial freezer, break open a galaxy bar, and have a good talk with 3 of your closest friends. 


6.  Flip flops!
I bought a pair of flip flops from Primark recently and I've been wearing them as often as I can, it feels so good to be in them!  They are so comfy and it makes me feel very summer-y when I'm wearing flip flops.  Also, a fun thing that myself and the two girls I share an office with have started is 'Flip Flop Fridays' and it's a fun little thing to have together! 



7.  The Selection Series by Kiera Cass 
For quite a while I've wanted to read The Selection series but for some reason I kept putting it off.  I finally bought the first book and got hooked very quickly.  From the ball gowns, to the romance, to the rebels, I've loved this series and have found myself immersing myself in the regal world of The Selection.  Today I bought the book of short stories to accompany the series as well as the fourth book and I'm so excited to start reading them! 



I hope you've enjoyed this update post, if you'd like to read the other posts in my Gold In The Darkest Moments series then click here.  Although I'm struggling with running my blog while having a full time job I'm hoping to find a balance soon and get back into posting regularly.
Let me know in the comments about some of the things that have made you happy over the past week.  Ha



Carolyn
x

Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Bloglovin




SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig