Sunday, 12 June 2016

A Spotlight On: Voldemort by With Confidence

http://www.albumbsearch.com/2016/04/with-confidence-better-weather-album.html

With Confidence are releasing their debut album on the 17th of June and I'm pretty excited for it.  They're one of the biggest upcoming bands in pop punk this year having signed to Hopeless Records at the start of the year, are set to be touring America as part of Warped Tour in the summer, and their debut album is being released within a matter of days. 

They're released a few singles from the album (one of which I wrote about in this post) and during last week they released the official stream for their song Voldemort.  I've been playing it quite a lot so I thought I'd share it with you. 






The song starts of with a kick as the vocals are there from the start, accompanied by shorts burst from the lead guitar and drums.   When the instruments properly kick in during the first verse there's an energy which is tangible.  Lyrically I really like the first verse, especially how they include their upcoming album title "Better Weather" in the lyrics. 

The momentum from the first verse leads straight into the chorus, there's a high energy from all the members of the band.  Lyrically I love how the theme from the first verse continues into the chorus and is till themed around the album name. 

In the transition between the chorus and the second verse I really like the guitar and how smoothly it continues throughout the second verse.  Lyrically the verse begins with a line similar to that of the first verse and I love that they're continued this, and I also really like that they've ended with the same bridge:

"And I know that you're holding out for better weather
And I can't promise you that I'll be round forever
If there's one thing I know it's that we're good together
(If there's one thing I know it's that we're good together)"




The guitar transition between the second verse and final chorus makes a great third verse, it would be incredible to hear live because of the chance it gives for a guitar solo. 
The final chorus is probably my favourite part of the song because of the gang vocals accompanied by the percussion.  If you've been reading my blog for a while then you'll know that I love gang vocals, but what makes this more unique is the additional backing vocals from the lead singer, Jayden Seeley. 

Also, it's a great build up to the final part of the chorus which is filled with high energy from all the band members, I especially love how clear the drum fills come through with this and work alongside the backing vocals.  The song ends with an acoustic guitar piece and what I'm assuming is the recording from after they recorded the gang vocals, which I think is a great touch. 



You can listen to the song on the video above.  I've pre-ordered my copy of Better Weather and I am so excited for it to arrive.  Although With Confidence are a band that are just breaking into the spotlight in alternative music I have pretty high hopes for the album and I'm looking forward to seeing where it takes them. 



Carolyn
x

Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Bloglovin



SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig