Thursday, 23 June 2016

Gold In The Darkest Moments #6

So, I started this series on my blog with the intention of posting weekly.  That worked out well - just imagine how much sarcasm is dripping from my voice right now considering I haven't posted for this series in quite a while!  The past few weeks have been a complete rollercoaster of emotions but I'm going to pick through it and share some of my happier moments from the past few weeks. 


1.  Talking to a friend.
This seems like a simple thing but I've been talking to a dear friend recently and it's been helping me a lot.  This person is very special to me and I'm so grateful to be able to talk to them openly and know that I'm not being judged.   


2.  With Confidence

If you read my last post then you'll know that one of my favourite bands is Aussie pop punkers With Confidence.  I started listening to them a couple of months ago and now I'm at that stage were I'm listening to them on repeat and I've pre-ordered their debut album.  Their music makes me really happy.


3.  Weddings.

In the space of two weeks I attended two weddings and it was so lovely.  To be able to witness the marriage of my cousin and her now husband, and then that of two of my closest friends was so beautiful.  I still feel so honoured that I was able to be a part of what was such a special day for both these couples.  It also made the fairy-tale lover/romanticist in me cry like a baby and be completely beside myself with pure happiness during both the ceremonies. 


4.   Flowers. 


One of my favourite things to photograph is flowers.  I don't know why but I just love to photograph flowers.  So I ended up taking way too many photos of flowers at the weddings I attended and also on the walks I've been on recently, it's made me really happy.  I've realised that if I ever had the opportunity to photograph The RHS Chelsea Flower Show I might actually cry in excitement. 


5.   Watching Jacks Gap on YouTube. 


Jack and Finn Harries are definitely some of my favourite creators on YouTube.  Their videos are unique and exciting, although they haven't released a video in about 6 months they still have one of my favourite channels on YouTube


Like I said earlier, these past few weeks have been an absolute rollercoaster for me.  There's a few things that I'm struggling with that have been weighing down on my heart immensely, it hurts so much.  But being able to find some gold amongst the black is helping me along.  Let me know in the comments what's made you happy over the past few weeks, I'd love to hear from you. 



Carolyn
x

Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Bloglovin


SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig