Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Delight & Trust His Plans


The past week has been quite up and down for me.  I was working a seven day week from Tuesday to Monday, and I was exhausted by Saturday evening.  I visited my friend Sarah during my break on Sunday and told her how I had been feeling distant from God that week and how lost I felt because of it.  We talked for a long time and Jeremiah 29:11-14 came into my head and stuck with me for the rest of the day. 



My God has a plan for me.  And this simple fact is incredible.  I am so undeserving of His love and His care, what have I ever done to deserve this from my creator?  But that's the thing, it's not about what I've done, it's about what Jesus has already done for me and this is something that I forget.  I should be living my life to bring glory to Him because of what He's already done for me, He died and rose again for me, so I should be after His heart and following His plan for me.   

I've realised that I don't want anything else for my life except His plan for me, because anything else feels worthless without Him. 

I need to learn how to live my life for Him on a daily basis.  To do the littlest of things for His glory, whether it's helping to cook a meal for eighty campers, hanging up washing, writing a blog post, taking photographs, talking to my friends, I should be living for Him in everything that I can.  This isn't going to be easy because I'm human so I'm going to make mistakes and have grumpy days, but I need to focus on Him above everything and know that every day is a part of His plan for me. 




If my heart isn't centred on God then I can't follow His plan for me, even if His plan scares me, even if this means travelling to the other side of the world by myself (which I'll be doing next year), even if it's doing something I'd never imagined I would do, then if it's for Him it'll be worth it and the outcome will be for Him. 

But I'll only be able to live for Him if I have a relationship with Him.  I need to learn to listen to God, to talk to Him, and to read His word every day.  To turn to Him with the simplest of things instead of letting my own worries get in the way.  If I turn to Him first when things are getting to me, and I hand my burdens over to Him then following His plan for me will be so much easier if I have Him at the heart of everything I do. 

I've spent so long overcomplicating my faith and trying to make it out to be this big, philosophical, inspiring thing.  When really all it's just God loving me, and me loving Him, learning to trust Him and walk in His light. 



Carolyn 
x



SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig